- 1997 started with the first pond selections for brood stock endings.
- 1998 with the arrival of “Hurricane Mitch” the group lost their first brood stock families.
- 1999 a new animal selection gets started, this time with the particularity of being survivors to the White Spot disease.
- 2002 we formally established our genetic program.
- In November 2007 we start sending samples to the CIBNOR laboratory for a genetic variabilities study of our brood stock lines.
BROOD STOCK SELECTION
The selection of the brood stock for the future generations, is a very important step for us...from this comes our production results.
We work with a “Closed Cycle” system, so that in the future the only reason for introducing external genetic material would be to improve any particular characteristic from our lines.
Our selection system is based on individual selection, where the best of the best can be chosen, considering characteristics of: general growth, survival, animal health, line purity and general appearance. We have a seven part selection process (4 in selections in farm and 3 in the brood stock facility), guaranteeing the quality of our lines.